We are thrilled to announce FPSG has achieved ‘committed’ accreditation on the Disability Confident scheme. The Disability Confident scheme supports employers make the most of the talents people with disability can bring to the workplace. In achieving Level 1 Accreditation, we have started on our journey to ensuring that disabled people and those with long term health conditions are fully supported and make the most of their recruitment and career potential.
The scheme helps employers recruit and retain great people by:
- Drawing from the widest pool of talent
- Securing high quality staff who are skilled, loyal and hard working
- Improve employee morale and commitment by demonstrating that your treat all employees fairly
Why did we join?
- We wanted to be part of a movement to help change attitudes to the recruitment and retention of people with disabilities
- We wanted to give our candidates the best support and advice we could
- We wanted to support our clients with their own recruitment and retention strategies
So, what are our plans?
We recently attended a Disability Confident consultation event. Hosted by the Department for Work & Pensions, the event was attended by local businesses who have entered the scheme and specialist Disability Confident advisors. It was inspiring and super useful to hear everyone’s stories and discuss ways in which we can work together to achieve our aims.
- We are changing how we attract talent by offering alternatives to traditional recruitment processes, including disability aware statements on all of our recruitment literature and packs and making adjustments to suit the needs of our candidates
- We are running awareness sessions for our people on how to support candidates through the recruitment process with a focus upon being confident in speaking with candidates about their needs
- We are supporting clients with their recruitment processes to help attract candidates with disabilities who would otherwise be deterred
- We are putting a focus on the neurodiverse by offering neurodiverse friendly recruitment processes and workshops for our people and clients
- We are investigating running networking forums for our client base and local Disability Confident employer to discuss how best we can make progress
“In signing up to the Disability Confident scheme, we are showing our commitment to everyone we work with by building a business model that reflects the needs of all. We are delighted to have started on this journey.” Andrew Spratt, Chief Operating Officer
FPSG is a leading provider of IT, Professional and Energy & Infrastructure recruitment services across the private and public sectors. For more information on how we can help you reach your goal, contact us today.
If you would like to know more or get involved, get in touch with our Director of Operations, Kirsty Peacock, email@example.com 0141 270 5002