FPSG’s IT Consultant Holly McMullen was delighted to be in attendance at Scotland Women in Technology (SWiT) and Everywoman UK‘s collaborative event celebrating International Women’s Day 2019.
Based in our Edinburgh office and hailing from Australia, Holly’s day started with a rain soaked introduction to Glasgow, as she braved the west coast elements to dash to the event at the Everyman Cinema in Princes Square from Queen Street station.
Holly soon found it had been worth it with a varied agenda filled with highlights including:
- Business strategist and entrepreneur Melanie Eusube @MelanieEusebe asked “When was the last time you tried something new?” Melanie went on to speak to the delegates about the growth mind set sharing an inspirational personal story
- Data Panel discussion into ‘The UK is leading the way in regards to data ethics and how to make data sets reflective of society as a whole
- Inclusive innovation how to create innovative business: give people “Trust, Safety to fail and openness”
- So many great quotes of the day including: “leave assumptions at the door”
- The conversation was truly insightful not only explaining Blockchain but also around what an exciting time in technology it is right now. Fascinating opportunities opening with technology like
- Blockchain allowing collaboration between competitors to solve market problems
Jacky Wright was inspiring with her conversation on the role of ethics and emotions in technology, highlighting the importance of self-awareness and call to “Be the emotional rebel”
The event included lots of time to network with industry professionals sharing stories and creating new contacts. Thank you SWiT AND Everywoman UK for hosting such an inspirational event.
Holly offers specialist expertise in securing successful placements for Testers within the UK. She is a ferocious networker, building strong relationships with candidates and using her skills to match the right candidate to the right client. Holly comes to us from Australia and is a champion for women in tech around the globe. A graduate of Queensland University of Technology, Holly has over 5 years’ experience in HR/recruitment and joined FPSG in 2017.
For more information on how we can help you reach your recruitment goals, call our Glasgow office on 0141 270 5009, our Edinburgh office on 0131 270 6666 or email IT@fpsg.com. View our current vacancies here.