FPSG is currently recruiting for a BI/Data Consultant to join the IT and Data Consulting team within a UK based consultancy. You will work primarily on their customer sites (within the Central Belt), alongside other consultants and teams offering your expertise and experience to help drive the projects forward.
You will be required to have experience in delivering SAS solutions or another BI Technology (Microstrategy, MS BI, BOBJ, Oracle, Cognos). You role will include liaising with other technical heads of departments, influence the long-term strategies, design, develop and support a wide range of solutions
As a BI/Data Consultant your responsibilities will include:
· Work on-site with end-users and consulting directly with stakeholders.
· Data preparation, transformation and presentation using SQL on several different database platforms - Teradata, SPDS, Oracle, DB2, Hadoop.
· Creating database tables, views, schema, stored procedures, functions, indexes and appropriate security.
· Work with the wider business to influence the strategies, architecture & design.
Skills/Experience Required as a BI Consultant
· Background in delivering SAS solutions or another BI Technology (Microstrategy, MS BI, BOBJ, Oracle, Cognos)
· Excellent hands on SQL experience.
· Ideally you will have experience working in a financial services environment.
· Open to continually learning and developing current base skills but also advancing in new and current technologies.
* Hands on Python,
* Exposure to AWS, Azure or any other Cloud based tech
* Scripting language such as - SAS Macro, VBA, Java etc.
* Knowledge of physical database design
In return our client will reward you with: Competitive salary and interesting projects to work on within a rewarding environment. They are also committed to continual development and certification in your chosen specialities.
To be considered, please Apply now along with your CV, current salary & expectations as well as your current notice-period.
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.