Cloud Engineer - AWS/DevOps
FPSG are recruiting for an exciting Technology Disruptor growing a centre of excellence in Glasgow. One of their key initial team will be AWS focused Cloud Engineering, who demonstrate the design, build and maintenance expertise to help to define and maintain the current and future services & solutions. You will coordinate Cloud Solutions for the company's agile product and development teams, working together with Product Owners, Software Developers and QA to realise the product roadmap. This is a unique opportunity to join at the beginning, in effect influencing the DevOps and Cloud journey forward.
In your role you will be involved in Build and Design, Continuous Integration, Release & Automation, Platform stability and enhancement, Maintenance & Deployment of the systems, tools & products used within the business.
As the DevOps / Cloud Engineer your responsibilities will include
* Future Build & design of existing and next generation platform
* Maintenance and enhancement of the environment
* Engineering Evaluation & Deployment of Cloud & DevOps products, tools and practices
* Enterprise Hosting Products
* Build, Maintain & Support Infrastructure
* Improving Continuous Integration (CI) and Release Management function
* Supporting the journey bringing Platform and Development together
To be successful in the post, your experience will include:
* Advanced knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS certification required)
* AWS Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk, EC2
* AWS S3, AWS RDS, AWS VPC, Route 53, API Gateway
* AWS Code Commit, Code Pipeline
* Automation and Configuration, SaltStack, Ansible etc
* Chef, Puppet, Kubernetes, Docker
* Working knowledge of Object-Oriented Language: ideally appreciation of wider C#/.Net
* Use of Continuous Integration, Monitoring and Release management tools
* Knowledge of RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, Ingres) Exposure to NoSQL
Without doubt Technology Disruption is an exciting career path, this organisation take this opportunity and improve it. In effect they de-risk the career move. They are already established with products and services. They have already customers consuming their services and others lined up. They are led by a number of industry specialists with domain knowledge and industry contacts. Thsi expansion in Glasgow also means there is a start-up style opportunity to be in at the beginning, to bring influence to the future product and to establish rapid career and personal development.
In return, the successful professional with relevant skills for the role and business, will receive a generous salary and package, holidays and company incentives. The culture is focused on flexibility to inspire creativity.
Please hit 'Apply Now' to be considered for this or similar positions FPSG have available.
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.
Key skills terminology
DevOps, Automation, Configuration, SaltStack, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, Amazon Web Services, AWS Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk, EC2, AWS S3, AWS RDS (Oracle), AWS VPC, Route 53, API Gateway, AWS Code Commit, Code Pipeline, Object-Oriented Language, C#, .Net, CI, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, RDBMS, Oracle, SQL Server, Ingres, NoSQL
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process