AWS / Cloud Engineer - FinTech
AWS / Cloud Engineer - FinTech
FPSG are currently recruiting for an exciting Global FinTech organisation who are setting up a new centre of excellence in Edinburgh. One of their key initial team will be an AWS focused Cloud Engineer who can demonstrate the design, build anf maintenance expertise to help to define and maintain the current and future banking and financial services solutions. You will coordinate Cloud Solutions for the company's agile product and development teams, working together with Product Owners, Software Developers and QA to realise the product roadmap. This is a unique opportunity to join at the beginning, in effect a start-up where the credentials for success are already in place.
In your role you will be involved in Build and Design, Continuous Integration, Release & Automation, Platform stability and enhancement, Maintenance & Deployment of the systems, tools & products used within the business.
As the AWS / Cloud Engineer your responsibilities will include
* Future Build & design of existing and next generation platform
* Maintenance and enhancement of the environment
* Engineering Evaluation & Deployment of Cloud & DevOps products, tools and practices
* Enterprise Hosting Products
* Build, Maintain & Support Infrastructure
* Improving Continuous Integration (CI) and Release Management function
* Supporting the journey bringing Platform and Development together
To be successful in the post, your experience will include:
* Advanced knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS certification required)
* AWS Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk, EC2
* AWS S3
* AWS RDS (Oracle)
* AWS VPC, Route 53, API Gateway
* AWS Code Commit, Code Pipeline
* Working knowledge of Object-Oriented Language: ideally appreciation of wider C#/.Net
* Use of Continuous Integration, Monitoring and Release management tools
* Knowledge of RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, Ingres) Exposure to NoSQL
Without doubt FinTech is an exciting career path, this organisation take this desirable opportunity and improve it. In effect they de-risk the career move. They are already established with products and services. They have already customers consuming their services and others lined up. They are led by a number of industry veterans with domain knowledge and industry contacts. However with the new strategic plan to bring outsourced development in-house, there remains a start-up style opportunity to be in at the beginning, to bring influence to the future product and to establish rapid career and personal development.
In return, the successful AWS Professional with all the relevant matches for the role and business, will receive a generous salary and package. Holidays and company initiatives will keep you motivated and the relaxed culture inspires creativity over conformity. Packages are bespoke based on experience.
Please hit 'Apply Now' to be considered for this or similar positions FPSG have available.
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.
Key skills terminology
AWS, Amazon Web Services, AWS Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk, EC2, AWS S3, AWS RDS (Oracle), AWS VPC, Route 53, API Gateway, AWS Code Commit, Code Pipeline, Object-Oriented Language, C#, .Net, CI, Continuous Integration, RDBMS, Oracle, SQL Server, Ingres, NoSQL
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process