Assistant Commercial Manager (Procurement)
Vacancy Reference: FPSG/DSI/63431
Assistant Commercial Manager (Procurement)-Leeds based with home working 2 days per week
Competitive salary plus Benefits including Civil Service Pension, Flexible working arrangements
FPSG's retained client, The Ministry of Justice is a major government department, at the heart of the justice system. Responsible for courts, prisons and probation services, they work to ensure sentences are served and offenders are given rehabilitation opportunities to become law-abiding citizens.
The Commercial and Contract Management Directorate manages over 1000 active contracts and spends £3.5bn a year and is crucial to the successful delivery of prison and court reform programmes. It provides procurement and contract management activities across a wide range of Categories, including Translation Services, Resettlement, Food and Retail, Corporate Services, Prison Education, Industrial Services, Financial Services and Offender Welfare ensuring value for money agreements are in place for wider Ministry of Justice staff to source goods and services from.
The Ministry of Justice have an exciting opportunity for a number of Assistant Commercial Managers to join the team in Leeds. The Category/Contract teams are responsible for the commercial management of the Ministry's Categories and Contracts. As an Assistant Commercial Manager you will be responsible for assisting on one or more of the MOJ's high-profile and critical contracts, proactively supporting the contracts in collaboration with the Ministry's operational contract management teams. This will involve building market knowledge to identify opportunities for savings and innovation, supporting commercial risk and exposure and increasing value for money.
- Ownership of contract and performance management, driving commercial opportunities to deliver value for money and/or savings
- Stakeholder engagement and strong relationship building to define requirements, develop, implement and manage procurement and contract management strategies
- Analysing market, spend and performance data and presenting this to support commercial activity and reporting requirements
- Supporting the delivery of sourcing activities including specification and contract development and producing the Invitation to Tender pack
- Drafting procurement documents, including contract variations and change requests
- Delivery of continuous improvement to drive best practice
As a successful Assistant Commercial Manager, you will have:
- Creating, maintaining and strengthening working relationships with stakeholders.
- Experience of working in a commercial environment in either a procurement, contract or supplier relationship management role.
- Awareness of public sector procurement legislation
- Knowledge of procurement tools, techniques and processes.
- Exposure to iProcurement Systems, e.g. Oracle or Bravo.
- Level 4 CIPS or Relevant industry experience and a willingness to work towards gaining qualification
Ministry of Justice are keen to develop their staff and will support access to professional development for individuals who demonstrate an interest and aptitude for commercial work.
In return The Ministry of Justice will reward you with a Competitive Salary and benefits package
In the first instance, please send your updated CV and remuneration package to David Simpson at FPSG
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.
ALL 3RD PARTY CV's SENT TO THE MINISTRY OF JUSTICE WILL BE FORWARED TO FPSG
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process