An amazing opportunity for an experienced Scientist to join the Assay Development team at an innovative and vibrant biotechnology company. This company combines amazing work with an amazing culture - where you will be designing and delivering cutting edge and outstanding new healthcare solutions to market, alongside an unbeatable team. The role represents the prefect opportunity for an assay development specialist to make extensive use of their skills working on exciting projects, while building a career with a company that values and fosters their talent. If this role sounds like it could be the perfect fit for you, or you would like to know more, then get in touch! We would love to hear from you! An excellent salary and benefits package are on offer to the successful candidate, in addition to other amazing perks and bonuses.
This role is full-time, permanent and will be based in Stirling, working days Monday to Friday (08:30 to 17:30).
You will be contributing to the scientific development of innovative medical devices, taking responsibility for 2-3 technical challenges or workstreams within a project. You will be expected to execute complex multi factorial experiments and be able to work independently, but in line with the goals of your team and the department. You may line manage less experienced team members, building their knowledge and skills.
- Manage delivery on 2-3 work streams within a project.
- Report and present outcome of experiments and recommend next steps.
- Deliver technical solutions to complex problems identified during the course of experiments.
- Propose experiments to progress delivery of key areas of your project.
- Make key project decisions based on technical results with solid statistical analysis.
- You will work independently and contribute individually with experiments and may also lead a small team of Scientists 1 and Laboratory technicians.
- Understand cost implications of experiments under your control.
- Progress key areas of your program and full compliance with procedures and processes.
- Ensure GLP compliance within own team and contribute to the maintenance of GLP compliance in the department as a whole.
- Approve draft protocols and develop new processes and procedures to improve efficiency.
- Act as reviewer for Laboratory Notebook, reports, QE and other Design control documents.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with exceptional attention to detail and high level of skills in problem solving and people development, along with the following experience:
- Degree qualified in a relevant scientific discipline.
- Knowledge and understanding of factors which drive assay performance (including sensitivity, range, stability, reproducibility and precision).
- High level of skills in problem solving and innovation.
- Knowledge of diagnostic immunoassay technology.
- Knowledge of fluorescent detection methods.
- Ability to write clear and concise protocols for complex assay methodologies.
- Ability to follow a protocol precisely and offer recommendations for improvements.
- Ability to identify and investigate non-conformances.
- Ensure laboratory books and other records are completed accurately and timely.
- Computer literacy and data analysis skills.
- Statistical analysis techniques.
- Experience of working in a laboratory within GLP + GDP guidelines.
- Experience of using particle-based immunoassays
- Understanding of factors important to reagent stability, non-specific binding, batch to batch variability and assay interferences
- Knowledge of reagent/conjugation chemistry.
- Knowledge of validation and verification testing.
- Experience and understanding of factors important in reagent preparation and drying for use in immunoassays.
- Experience working in the medical device industry.
- Design of Experiments.
- Knowledge and experience of working within a biohazard environment.
- Experience supervising laboratory technicians.
Apply online in the first instance, or contact Liam Baxter at Tel: 0141 270 5136 or email your CV to lbaxter@FPSG.com
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process