Are you an ambitious Finance professional keen to gain a unique challenging and rewarding role? A position has become available with our innovative Facilities Management client.
The Accountant will report directly to the Head of Finance, and the rest of Commercial team when necessary. This position is a great opportunity for an individual with 2-3 years of experience working at a well renowned Organisation/sector to gain more exposure to the more entrepreneurial side of business, and gain invaluable experience in helping a growth Business.
The Accountant will support the Head of Finance in managing the Finance Function, covering; financial controls, planning and projections, reporting and analysis, day-to-day finance-related activities, and risk analysis. Regulatory reporting will also be a key task of the FA, including managing daily reconciliations to align with regulatory requirements.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts incorporating profit and loss account and balance sheet.
- Assisting with preparation of monthly forecasts and annual budgets.
- Preparation of ad hoc financial reports to support commercial management.
- Balance sheet reconciliations (including inter-company and deferred income/WIP reconciliations).
- Preparation of information for the annual audits.
- Assisting with improving / documenting finance processes.
- Overseeing and ensuring completeness of transaction processing.
The Successful candidate must have:-
- Bachelor's Degree with accountancy qualification to at least part-qualified level.
- 2/3+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience.
- Experience of working in Facilities Management or Construction is highly advantageous.
- Advanced Excel proficiency, with 2/3+ years of practical experience of using Excel for building and maintaining financial models.
- Proficiency with analytical and presentation tools - Excel, Google Sheets, SQL, Tableau, PowerPoint (not all are required).
- A natural curiosity and a "big picture" mentality,
- Excellent spoken and written communication.
- A team-orientated mentality.
In return our client will reward you with a competitive salary in a supportive and innovative work environment. The exciting growth plans of this organisation will ensure further development and reward enhancements in the future.
Apply by contacting John Agnew, 0131 270 6626 or email@example.com
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process